Thursday 31 May 2007

Moo. (hee hee)

Hi fellow internet users. It is my sad duty to inform you that Bash has hit a cow in the 'Effie'. That makes us square after he dined out frequently on my own cow incident a few years back. Poor cow, they had to destroy her as she had broken bones. Not too much obvious damage to the vehicle but the bull bar is pushed back into the bonnet and doesn't look bent which leaves the chassis. Oh dear.
On the Mackay front, found out through a friend of Trevor's that the new house is known locally as the Big Brother house. I dunno why because we haven't voted anyone off yet and there are no cameras. And there's no prancing about in our pyjamas.
Anyway, the plumbers showed up today bless 'em. Josh the tiler has put down some floor tiles, Graeme collected the stainless balustrading and Russell will be making his sober inspection on Saturday morning so he can come up with some landscaping ideas. Painting continues and will for at least a week.
Trevor's ex boarder, J (who shall remain nameless in case they work out who he is and search his bags) will be attending 'happy school' as a guest of Mr anThony Robbins the motivational guru. He is considering smuggling contraband into the precinct because he's not sure he can be good for three days. The upshot is that he will also be getting his 48th motorbike. Has the scars to prove it too. I remember Granny Savill telling me that if you laugh, the world laughs with you. I was a depressing child sometimes, perhaps she was trying to tell me something for free. Anyway, the scientific community is getting in on the act by attempting to measure whether the physical act of smiling leads to an improvement in emotional state. It seems that it does. Go Gran. I think Mr Robbins can fill us in on the secret of life which would be handy. Although it is handed out in $3500 doses of a letter at a time. Sort of demonstrating via it's own example that you CAN make money out of anything at all, even the pursuit of happiness.
And so to the weekend which was wonderful although had it's odd moments. As we drove into the motel I realised it was in fact the place where our brother died in the 80s. As there was a group of us booked and paid for, and it all happened a long time ago, Bash and I agreed not to mention it to anyone as we didn't want to spoil the mood (enjoyable and relaxed). In the end the ghosts were quiet and the place itself isn't holding any bad memories for me. We had a good time together, watched the kids play sport and ate and laughed.
There was an incident at the airport which was funny afterwards. I left Toowoomba late and in my rush to fuel up the hire car, I somehow ended up in the International spare taxi area where there were lots of Ukranian and foreign looking people who stood in groups and wouldn't talk to me. They basically told me to get lost which I was already. I decided to jump the kerb (in the brand new Prius hire car) but a nice man who spoke some English decided to help. Ended up late in the airport with a knife in my bag which was originally going on as check in luggage. The Qantas people were very nice about it; at 42 and overweight I don't look like an assassin but it did scare me a bit when I realised I might lose my beloved Leatherman. They charge you $7 and give you a post pack so you can send it to yourself.
Nina, Trevor and I imbibed some truth serum last night and I have left the heel of the bottle to help unweld Sandra's undies for Russell. Not that I am on his side, of course. Go Sandra. Sorry I won't be there to side with you... Send him to the bear cave, I say.

2 comments:

Sandie Elsom said...

The Big Brother house this year is environmentally friendly - perhaps that's the association they are making?

Mrs Meatant said...

Ahh, could be too. I shall enquire...